Terms and Policies – the fine print in big font.
By placing an order with Crater Lake Company, Inc. you understand the policies set forth.
1. Crater Lake Company, Inc. (the Company) is not liable for any and all damages caused by the misuse of our products. Ingredients are listed on our product labels, as well as directions for the proper use of all our bath, body and home goodies. Allergic reactions can occur without warning or without prior history therefore we suggest conducting a test patch to ensure that the product is compatible with your skin. A detailed description of the ingredients used in all our bath and body products can be found here.
2. The Company is not liable for any and all damages caused by products that you receive in a swap or from any means other than placing your order directly through us. Your goodies are made to order. We cannot vouch for our products’ integrity if you obtain them from any other source other than ordering from this website, or from time to time, through one of our online auctions. Your use of these products that you did not obtain directly from us is at your own risk.
3. The Company reserves the right to refuse service. We take pride in the level of confidence our customers have placed on the products we create. Kindly refrain from posting false or malicious comments regarding the company, its principals and its products on any forum or message boards. Any problem with the company or its products should be directed to us so that we can make every effort to rectify the situation.
4. All the personal information you provide us remains with us. We do not and will never give or sell your information to any marketing firms.
5. Please practice safe candle burning. When applicable, burn a candle in a proper container. Keep a candle away from drafts and draperies. Burn a candle on a heat resistant surface. Trim the wick to ¼ inch prior to each burning. Keep all candles out of the reach of children. When applicable, remove any decorative accents and labels before burning.
6. Our bath and body goodies are not meant to be eaten no matter how good they smell! Please keep these products away from children. Please be careful when using some of our body goodies as your tub/shower area may become slick and slippery. Should you experience an irritation from using any of our products, discontinue use immediately. Consult a doctor if the condition worsens or persists.
7. Your personal and credit card is protected through our Secure Socket Layer (SSL). It is an internet protocol that allows information to be sent privately and securely via the internet. For your protection, your credit card number will not be stored by us or our payment gateway.
8. All text and images on this website is property of Crater Lake Company, Inc. It may not be reproduced, modified, amended, published or deleted without the express written consent of the Company and its principals.
9. We have added a Very Strong option in our scent intensity menu, but feel that in most cases, selecting the Medium to Strong intensity is adequate. With that said, if you choose to have your products very strongly scented, please be advised that:
A. By doing so may cause skin irritation. In almost ALL cases, we find that the Medium to Strong scent intensity option is adequate. By choosing the Very Strong scent intensity, you acknowledge that you are aware of the possible skin irritations that this may cause.
B. We do not recommend Very Strong scent intensities for spice and citrus based fragrances as this may cause an irritation. Keep in mind that these scents are naturally strong to begin with and recommend a medium intensity for fragrances in the spice and citrus family.
C. Some scents are naturally light regardless of the proportion of fragrance oil we use in the product. Choosing Very Strong for naturally light scents does not make the fragrance any more apparent than choosing the recommended medium to strong scent intensity. This may also compromise the product's stability as the oils and butter ratios are pretty closely calibrated.
D. Choosing the Very Strong scent intensity option may change the viscosity of our shower gels and shampoos. Depending on the fragrance oil, it may cause the base to become either more fluid or thick.
E. We reserve the right to decrease the scent intensity requested if we believe it is in your best interest. Since we have a good knowledge of the scents we carry and their characteristics, there may be times where I’ll make a judgment call on a particular scent. If I do, I will try to contact you first and consult with you regarding the matter.
10. All intensity levels are within safe usage guidelines, however scent intensity is not an exact science. Within the recommended guidelines, there are no fixed percentages of fragrance oil usage. Asking us to super-scent something doesn't mean we pour half the bottle of fragrance oil into the base! Scent intensity formulation takes the fragrance oil's natural charactersitics to determine the correct percentage amount to use in the specific product to ensure that its integrity and stability is not compromised. For example, a 2% fragrance oil load using a vanilla-based scent may be characterized as being Light, whereas the same percentage load using a spice-based scent may be deemed Strong.
11. You understand that you may receive e-mails from Crater Lake Company, Inc. from time to time regarding special promotions or sales. Should you choose not to receive these notifications, kindly reply back to the email requesting to be removed from the mailing list.
Last Updated: 1/7/08